Psb CS 500
Think Outside The Box
Don’t be restricted to your living room or den for rewarding hi-fi experiences. Enjoy every ounce of acoustic performance found in PSB’s in-room speakers with the new compact, all-weather CS500 Universal/Outdoor speakers. It’s time to add PSB’s world-renowned “true-to-nature” sound quality to your outdoor living space. Engineered and designed for open spaces, the CS500 will also add PSB’s high performance sound to commercial environments, such as retail stores, restaurants, hotels, and fitness centres. The CS500’s compact size will serve a wide range of applications, especially where space is tight.
Ready for Duty
If we Canadians know one thing, it’s how to handle extreme weather. The CS500’s compact, weatherproof construction includes a UV-resistant polypropylene cabinet, aluminium grille, and rustproof terminals with a rubber cover for added protection against the wrath of Mother Nature. The CS500’s tough construction will also provide protection against the rigours of commercial use.
Small and Flexible
Offering multiple mounting options for all outdoor and commercial installations, the CS500’s compact and versatile design allows you to fit the speaker in almost any nook and cranny. It is equipped with a unique dual-axis rotational mounting bracket system that allows for vertical or horizontal mounting, and either 90° or 170° rotation.
With unmatched, lifelike sound quality, the CS500’s bass response will move you without compromising full range reproduction of your music. The CS500 further cements PSB Speakers reputation for building speakers that deliver real sound for real people.
- Fully Flexible Bracket System for vertical and horizontal mounting and dual-axis rotation
- Range of Rotations – 90° in one plane, and 170° in second plane
- Rubber Cover for terminals
- Highly-damped/low-resonance UV-resistant, thick-walled Polypropylene Enclosure
- Extensive Internal Enclosure Ribbing for stiffness
- Painted Aluminium Grille
- Paintable Enclosure and Grille
- Gold-plated 5-way Binding Posts
- Available in White or Black finish
- Frequency Response: On Axis @ 0 degrees ±1.5dB, 63-23,000Hz; On Axis @ 0 degrees ±3dB, 65-20,000Hz; Off Axis @ 30 degrees ±1.5dB, 65-10,000Hz; Lf Cutoff -10dB, 50Hz (with port plug removed)
- Sensitivity (1w (2.83V) @ 1m, IEC-filtered Pink Noise, C-weighted): Anechoic Chamber, 85 dB; Typical Listening Room, 87 dB
- Impedance: Nominal, 8 Ohms; Minimum, 6 Ohms
- Input Power (RMS,Clipping < 10% of the Time): Recommended, 20-120 Watts; Program, 120 Watts
- Crossover: 1,800 Hz, LR4
- Internal Volume Design Type: 0.2 cu ft (5 liter)
- Dimensions: 7-5/8″ wide, 10-1/2″ high, 8″ deep
- Weight: 5.7 lb each